gotoman for ac
gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician
Experience:  51 years of experience install design and repair of all makes and models of AC
19613070

I have a trane furnace model # TWV030B140A1 I'm bought a

Customer Question

I have a trane furnace model # ***** I'm bought a new motor but can't seem to figure out how to correctly wire it. The new motor has a brown and brown with white stripe going to the capasitor and a red and yellow for the medium to low speed required
for my furnace motor application. My confusion is were to connect the yellow and red wires from the new motor. The wires coming from the furnace to power the motor are red and black. Also where the white common wire is connected if the white wire is even used.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  gotoman for ac replied 1 year ago.

Brown/white wire and brown to capacitor. Red wire on that system plugs into different speeds on old motor. Just connect red wire to what ever speed you want to run. The black wire should be attached to white wire for common. Russ

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, so I have 2 red wires, one from the furnace and one from the new motor. I need to attach the red and yellow wires from the new motor to?
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here's a pic of the wiring on my motor. I'm using the red and yellow.

Red and yellow wires tape off they are only speeds. You do not use them unless you want to change speeds. To change speeds you attach red wire from furnace to either one but tape off other wires. Russ