AssuredElectrical
AssuredElectrical, HVAC Technician
Experience:  26 years maintaining HVAC equipment.
53189252

I have a gas fireplace insert with a Dante floor valve, a

Customer Question

I have a gas fireplace insert with a Dante floor valve, a couple of wall switches and a panel under the insert with a knob that says hi/lo, a star looking symbol on a button, and a knob that sayd on, pilot, off. Any idea how to turn it on?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

I need a picture of the gas controls (the device with ON, OFF & PILOT) and what's nearby.
You can post a picture here by clicking on the paper clip icon in the tool bar at the top of this dialogue box. You can only post from a PC or a Mac not a phone or a tablet. If that doesn’t work for you then you can upload a pic to a file sharing service like Google pics or Dropbox. Then post the “share” link to your picture here or you can email the pic to customer service but the last option can take quite a while to get to me. Click on the CONTACT US link to contact customer service. http://ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Pictures enclosed of fireplace, controls under the bottom panel, wall switches that we think are part of the fireplace controls (they don't do anything else), and in-floor gas valve.
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

I've never seen this configuration before and I'm logging off for the night. I'm going to open this backup to my colleagues so one of them can help. Please don't respond (even to acknowledge this post)until you get a response from us. If you respond first it will only delay your answer.

Expert:  AssuredElectrical replied 1 year ago.

Welcome. My name is ***** ***** would be glad to assist.

Can you get the Make and Model of the unit off the nameplate and post so that hte proper specifications can be obtained?

Nameplate is usually in the lower section.

Let me know and we can continue,

Thanks