HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.
21107370

On Carrier WeatherMaker 8000: when air cond is turned on,

Customer Question

On Carrier WeatherMaker 8000: when air cond is turned on, blower fan runs very slowly.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue so do not rate me until we are done thanks. So let’s get started!

Ok if the fan is running very slowly and likely getting very warm you have a bad capacitor for the blower motor. The blower motor could be bad, but more than likely the run capacitor for the motor is bad. If you look around the blower you will find this device. CLICK HERE FOR VIDEO

Change that out and you should be good to go, note shut the unit off until you get one as you can damage the blower motor itself.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the star rating link on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks