HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.
21107370

I have the TRANE Comfort Link II XL950 Control. I had the

Customer Question

I have the TRANE Comfort Link II XL950 Control. I had the thermostat set at 78 degrees, and up to today the system went IDLE when the temp fell below my thermostat setting. Just recently, the fan keeps running, the indoor temp has dropped to 74 degrees. I turned the system off, but the fan keeps running. The temperature hasn't fallen below 74, the fan is on AUTO.. according to the manual the fan only is supposed to run if the system is on.. I dont see any leak by the condenser in my AC room..
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue so do not rate me until we are done thanks.

Can you go to the furnace or air handler and see what pattern the RED light is flashing?