HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.
21107370

My nordyne b6bv series works when it wants to! I have a

Customer Question

My nordyne b6bv series works when it wants to! I have a control board and a motor control board! When you reset the circuit breaker there's a contacter that clicks the blower motor attempts to come on then the red LEDs start flashing which on the main control board means motor fault and on the blower motor control board means blower motor fault! If you give it a few minutes and apply power back to it it sometimes starts blowing
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue so do not rate me until we are done thanks.

Was that the original issue and where did you get the motor control from?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's a Nordyne electric furnace! The furnace came with the motor control board and blower control board! The original problem was, we started to bed the other night went to the thermostat and noticed the thermostat had no power! I started checking the breakers and the breakers were fine! I reset the breakers anyway and the unit started working. Now it seems like when it runs through 3 or 4 cycles it stops working and I reset the breaker some times it works fine and some times it does not! When I open the unit and reset the breakers you can hear the top relay click 4 times and the blower motor tries to start but never ramps up! So what could it be the motor control board, the control board, or the the blower motor! Whenever it starts acting up I check the motor and it's cool to the touch!