HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.
21107370

I own a Porsche shop and have been a technician years. I

Customer Question

I own a Porsche shop and have been a technician for 40 years. I just put in a 4ton unit out side. What should the resting pressure be in the system, I think I may have too much Freon. Thanks for your help Greg
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue so do not rate me until we are done thanks.

Greg it would really be hard to go off the resting pressure as that really will not change much unless you had it so overcharged it would not run. What freon is your system, what is the suction pressure when running and what is the ambient air temp outside and inside?