Tim H.
Tim H., HVAC Professional
Experience:  Experienced in all aspects of HVAC, both residential and commercial.
27228809

I just got the RTH2510. I have a electric furnace. I have 2

Customer Question

I just got the RTH2510. I have a Coleman electric furnace. I have 2 wires only-- red and white.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to assist you with your questions. Please provide all information I request as it makes it more difficult to troubleshoot something when I'm not there onsite. Essentially, you become my eyes and ears. Thanks for the opportunity to help. At the end of our dialog, you will have a chance to rate my service, but please wait until we are finished and you're satisfied you have all the information you need.

Make sure you turn furnace power off before starting. Typically red would go to R and white to W

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do I need the jumper R-RC?
Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.

Yes, typically those are jumpered if your thermostat has both terminals.

Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.

Let me know if you have additional questions or need more help. Otherwise, good luck! Thanks for using Just Answer and please don't forget to rate my service as that's how experts get paid (thanks in advance for any bonus left). Otherwise experts work at their own time and expense. Feel free to post back with any additional questions.