Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Phil, I have a 58max carrier furnace that the blower motor

Customer Question

Phil, I have a 58max carrier furnace that the blower motor won't run, I changed the motor and capacitor and my red led is on constant
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

Hello, assuming that you wired the new motor correctly, then the next most likely culprit is the printed circuit card.

We can test that assumption to a large degree by setting the thermostat fan switch to FAN ON... if that fails you can fit a jumper wire between R and G on the thermostat wire connection terminal strip inside the blower compartment... if the fan still does not run, then the fan relay soldered into the printed circuit board is bad or the board is bad... you need to buy a new board in either case.

This is step one in the diagnosis, we can go from here without any time limits if needed.

-----------

Iwork here on my own time and expense, and am only paid if you rate my work.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. It is how I earn a living, and does not increase your charges.

If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional cost.