BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech
Experience:  Endorsed for unlimited heating, cooling, oil burners, boilers, refrigeration, hydronics
12672042

I'm trying to install a honeywell rth8580wf thermostat on an

Customer Question

I'm trying to install a honeywell rth8580wf thermostat on an existing carrier system its thermostat was an infinity system version 12. any idea on how to wire it ?? the wires are a= green b = blue c =white d = red
Category: HVAC
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.

it is possible by changing terminals but are you aware this will dumb the system down and not be as efficient?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
not really an answer i didn't already know !!!!!!!
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.

I did not answer..it was letting you know the efficiency will change...are you ready to change wires

Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.

they need to change in the furnace as well as thermostat...just let me know when you are ready

Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.

And I apologize for pointing out decreased efficiency..efficiency is the main point of heating and cooling and I like to be sure you know what the options are.

But it sounds like you already knew the system would not get as many miles to the gallon so to speak...so I can instruct on how to make it a regular system instead of high efficiency communicating

Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.

Are you ready to change wires??