airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.
16514686

How do you keep condensation from blowing out of the

Customer Question

How do you keep condensation from blowing out of the condensation pan on a Ruud Model RCFL-HM4821CC? The condensation blows out of the condensation pan and out from under the insulated door of the unit. The repairman has tried several fixes which center around trying to seal the door with different types of sealant. To date none have worked. Your thoughts on what to do. This is keeping our house from selling until this is repaired.
I appreciate any thoughts. Thanks You.
Tony Elliott ***@******.***
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

Is coil mounted in a horizontal or upflow position?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the coil is mounted in a down flow position according to the installation technician.
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

Is coil installed in a manufactured home? Do you have a picture? Also have they checked to make sure the coil itself clean? I am a Rheem Dealer and the only time we have issues like this in downflow position is if plenum is too short or coil is dirty.