Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

My furnace is leaking lots of water in the basement I 't

Customer Question

my furnace is leaking lots of water in the basement I don't what to do to stop the leak. what AM I suppose to do to stop the leak. my furnace is Bryant model. Please help me to solve my problem. Thanks and God bless.
Category: HVAC
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Answer my question and tell me what to do for that amount $28.00 just for $28.00
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Douglas replied 1 year ago.

Bear with me. I need to switch from my iPhone to computer.

Expert:  Douglas replied 1 year ago.

What number would you like me to call?

Expert:  Douglas replied 1 year ago.

Ok.. let me know if I can call or help

Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

Hello, Douglas opted out. I will help you.

Tell me if you are in heating or cooling mode. If the furnace is leaking water in cooling mode (summer time) it is not the furnace that is leaking but the cooling coil sitting on top of it in most cases.

There are two copper tubes attached to that, those run to the unit that sits outside. If that is the case here, it is the drain pan that sits under the cooling coil that is full of slime and debris and over flowing.... it needs to be cleaned out.

If it is winter where you are, there is a similar situation going on inside the furnace.

I will coach you on how to rectify the problem in either case.

Please send me a few pictures of the furnace taken from about 8 feet away so that I can see what you have, and tell me the name of the nearest city so that I can assess the weather.

Use the paper clip icon at the right end of the tool bar above to attach the photo's.

We can go from there without a time limit.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My step daughter had called HVAC Technician, the problem is solved. Everything is working fine. Any way, thanks for your help and God bless. Edward.
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

You are welcome!

If you care to rate my assistance positively the company will pay me for my time, otherwise I work at my own expense.. a positive rating does not increase your charges.