airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.
16514686

I had a rheem 90% furnace installed less than a year ago.

Customer Question

I had a rheem 90% furnace installed less than a year ago. Less than a week later the burner would go out as soon as the fan kicked on. My friend who installed and got me the furnace talked to service techs and tried a couple different things. Nothing worked until he changed the computer board. It worked perfect all winter long after that. 3 days ago I went to turn the furnace on again and it did the exact same thing. Burners fire up and when the fan turns on the flames shut off. Any thoughts on this?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

Do you get an error code indicated by number of flashes between pausing on the control board?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Never mind. A lot more complicated than this. When the top cover is off the unit it works perfect. When I install it so its air tight the fan starts up and a little pressure on the cover and the flame goes out. Looks like a install problem.
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

If unit works with cover off, but not on, the issue is most likely an issue with pressure switch.Possible causes are restricted vent, blockage in condensate drain, insufficient combustion air, etc. I do recommend getting installer back out there.