HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.
21107370

Dryer is not producing heat

Customer Question

dryer is not producing heat
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue so do not rate me until we are done thanks.

Can you remove the front panel on the unit, there are 2 Phillips screws on the bottom corner of the unit. The panel will flip towards you and rock off the top cover of the unit exposing the inside of the unit. There you will see the heating element in a round cylinder tube off to the bottom right. With the unit unplugged check across the 2 large connectors with the white porcelain studs off to the right of that cylinder for continuity. If you do not have continuity there the heater is bad, if you do you can check the high limit thermostat for continuity and if that is good check the power incoming to the unit at the terminal block. If all is good then the timer would be bad, but normally it is just the heater. Here is a link to it CLICK HERE

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the star rating link on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks