HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.
21107370

I have a Honey well vision pro 8000 I have an older furnace.

Customer Question

I have a Honey well vision pro 8000 I have an older furnace. What is the code change? My ac is set on but the heater runs???
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue so do not rate me until we are done thanks.

Did you rewire this new thermostat? If so what connections do you have wired and is it a HEAT PUMP?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had the heat cool or w y switched up. It works now. Thanks
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

Ok cool that is what I was thinking...Happy Labor Day!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Now the ac is running but the furnace just fired up as we'll. now what? It's air blown furnace not heat pump
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

Ok do you have R-RH/RC Y-Y W-W and G-G?

If so do you have the correct setup in the installer menu picked for your type of system?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The code was set for 7 heat pump instead of 1 for central air. Let's see
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

Yes I think that will do it!

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the star rating link on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks