airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.
16514686

Billy I'm replacing a three wire condenser motor with a four

Customer Question

Billy I'm replacing a three wire condenser motor with a four wire motor. old motor wires are brown to the capacitor, yellow to the capacitor and black to a contactor. I hooked the new motor white wire to the capacitor, the brown wire to the capacitor and the black wire to the contactor. But I have a red wire with nowhere to go. I fired it up anyway and I blew the 50 amp circuit breaker. I just replaced the circuit breaker but now I need help to correctly wire tne motor. Also the supplier sent me a new capacitor that i have not installed because it is slightly different in that it has an extra terminal for a yellow jumper wire going to ground on the chassis. Can you walk me through this?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

Can you give me number on new motor and cap or take a photo of the label on motor and attach it here?