airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.
16514686

I have Rheem RGFD07EMCKS modulating furnace installed in

Customer Question

I have Rheem RGFD07EMCKS modulating furnace installed in December 2000 along with a Rheem RANL-043JAZ A/C unit installed in August 2013. The A-coil is an ADP HE35948D210B2205AP installed at the same time as the A/C unit. My question has to do with the setting of the Airflow switches (SW1) in the furnace. Currently they are set as follows - 1 and 2 are off indicating 1200 CFM ( the max setting available), 3 and 4 are on indicating a 50 heating rise and +10% cooling air adjust, 5 is on indicating 800 CFM for the continuous fan. I'm pretty sure 1 and 2 are correct at 1200 CFM as I read you want 400 CFM per ton of A/C and I think I have a 3 ton unit. What I don't understand is what switches 3 and 4 are for and whether I should make any changes to them. The other choices available for 3 and 4 are 1) heat rise 65, cool adjust -10%; 2) heat rise 65, cool adjust +10%; 3) heat rise 65, cool adjust none. Thanks!
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

The outdoor is a 3.5 ton unit so dip switches should be set as follows: