airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.
16514686

I have a small one level home that I am looking to add

Customer Question

I have a small one level home that I am looking to add central air to. it is at the most 1400 sq ft and probably closer to 1200 sq ft.
what tonnage air conditioner would I need?
I also received a free unit from a house that was being tore down, I believe it is a yorx but I am not sure of the name or the size.
I am sure that the A-Coil will not fit in my furnace. it is too tall, the basement is short, only about 5-1/2' tall so the top may have been cut down some.
Is there a coil on the market that is low profile that may work in my furnace?
I would like to try to reuse this older unit for our cabin if possible b4 calling and having a new system installed.
size needed?
low profile coil?
Thanks
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

Depending on where you live (average Summer temps vary) and construction factors, you should need between a 2.5 to 2 ton unit.Do you know model on what you have?

Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

TYpo Should say 2.5 to 3 ton

Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

Finding the short coil may be difficult. Do you have any pictures of existing situation?

Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

If you can get me model on what you have currently, we can try to find a matched coil that will work.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

perfect, thanks

Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

Just let me know if I can assist further. A photo of current furnace setup, model on furnace and model on outdoor unit will be helpful if you would like me to help .

Thanks for letting me work with you.When we are finished, if my answer has been polite, professional,and thorough, please click one of the ratings . If you still need help let me know!.Expert is not paid for assisting you until you rate answer.Feel free to follow up for 30 days at no additional cost. Bonus always appreciated if you feel justified.