Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have a water based heat pump geothermal cooling system.

Customer Question

I have a water based heat pump geothermal cooling system. The house has 5 zones and has the carrier comfort zone II thermostat. Sometime it works perfect but sometimes I can not even get a zone to come on using the hold feature. Tomorrow it will prob work fine???
Category: HVAC
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where is an answer
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

Hello, sorry I am late, but I was out to dinner this evening.

You have what we call in the business an 'intermittent problem'...some times even attempts to run tests on those will cause the system to work again, so that the cause cannot be determined.

Often however the source of difficulty is in the printed circuit board and its programmable processor with 'wires' measured in how many atoms of gold it takes to make them...

If you can tell me a lot about your technical skills and experience with fixing appliances or in the electronics business I can coach you on some heat stress type tests that can often pin point such problems in the printed circuit board.

Let me know, we can go from there, if I miss you tonight I will pick up your response first thing in the morning... or if you wish I can opt out now so that other of our experts here can respond.

Let me know about all that, we can go from there.

.