Andrew Smith
Andrew Smith, HVAC Technician
Experience:  City & Guilds Plumbing and Heating Engineer
46681511

I have a ferroli sigma 40 60 boiler that the burner suddenly

Customer Question

I have a ferroli sigma 40 60 boiler that the burner suddenly stopped working on. When this happened 2 years ago the venturi had broken up. I ordered another one suspecting same but upon inspection the venturi was 75% blocked with a piece of cinder. I cleaned & checked everything and boiler then fired up minus final cover plate. Upon tightening final screws of cover plate the burner cuts out and only the fan is left running. Loosen screws and let air through to unit - burner fires up again ?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Andrew Smith replied 1 year ago.

This is pointing to a problem with the air supply to the boiler.

Check all the air intakes and flue connections to make sure they are clean and airtight, also check the flue integrity as there could be recirculation of products of combustion.