Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

A tree fell on the wires two nights ago. We experienced some

Customer Question

Hey Mark, a tree fell on the wires two nights ago. We experienced some breakers tripping dues to the power surge. Also, the upstairs AC quit working. It's a Rheem and I'm getting error code 68: No communication with blower motor. The line has ice on it.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

Hello, thanks for the detailed background.

So far it sounds like electrical spikes from the power failure have damaged the electronics in the blower controls including one of the printed circuit cards.

Tell me a lot about your technical skill sets, and if you have a multi meter or not... that will allow me to coach you most effectively.... if have some of those skills and a few hours to spend trouble shooting use the paper clip icon at the top right to send a very well focused, well lit, close up photo of the wiring diagram glued inside the blower compartment... take it from straight on, not at an angle.

I will mark it up with trouble shooting instructions, we can go from there.