Tim H.
Tim H., HVAC Professional
Experience:  Experienced in all aspects of HVAC, both residential and commercial.
27228809

How can I tell the tonnage of a magic Chef furnace

Customer Question

Category: HVAC
Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to help answer your question(s). Please provide all the information I ask for since I'm not onsite. At the end of our dialog you will be asked to rate my service, but please wait until then and all your question(s) have been answered satisfactorily. Thanks for your business!

I understand you'd like some information on your furnace. Furnaces are not measured in tonnage, but rather BTU's of heating. Did you mean your air conditioner?

Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.

If that model number you gave me is the model on your furnace, then it would be a 75,000 BTU furnace. In order to give you tonnage for your air conditioner, I'd need the model of the outside condenser.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not have that information on me because I am at work right now I will have to get that model number for you when I get home
Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.

OK, sounds fine.