Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor
Experience:  40+ yrs. experience as a licensed oil & gas technician.
94766

I have a Thermolec Boiler - 1900 square ft Ranch with 3 zone

Customer Question

I have a Thermolec Boiler - 1900 square ft Ranch with 3 zone settings.
Model # *****
It was installed into a new Build in Jan 2012
We purchased the home in Nov 2014.
When the system is totally functional and operating the Pressure Gauge reads 10 - 12 lbs and the Temp 125- 127 Degrees.
Is that a normal and good reading? Should this system be inspected or checked annually or how often?
I am trying to be pro-active ..... live in Prior Lake Minnesota
If you recommend certain Service Dealers, please advise. The one that had their service sticker on the Unit, was bought out, and they don't seem to return calls.
Thanks for your advice.
Scott
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

The pressure is fine. The water temp could be a bit low but it depends on the system design temp. Lower water temps are more energy efficient but 125 ish might not be hot enough to heat the house on a really cold day. BUT you system could have an outside sensor which will modulate water temp based on the outdoor temp. So if it's not real cold out the system will run at a lower temp saving you money. I'd get you boiler checked out and be there so the tech can explain it's operation to you. Then you may not need service or a check up for several years as long as it functions properly. You should start the system up early in the fall to be sure it's working ok.