Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I am doing a heating system in a home. I need to provide

Customer Question

Hi I am doing a heating system in a home. I need to provide controlled humidity to one specific room that is going to have very expensive music instrument. Any idea what I could do.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

You can put a portable humidifier in the room, one rated for 3/4 of the square footage in the entire house. I can specify a more detailed approach after I get to know more about the house and the instrument.

How old is the house, and is it brick or wood frame.

What humidity tolerances are specified.. 35 to 50%? or 50% plus or minus only 2 or 3%... that will have a huge effect on costs.

I also need to know what region of the country you are in, it is a lot easier to maintain humidity in Florida for instance than it is in Michigan in the winter.

We can go from there.