Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Just changed out my thermostat and the system won't work.

Customer Question

just changed out my thermostat and the system won't work. earlier in the day the led went out on the old thermo and cooling system stopped working but the fan wouldn't go off
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

Good morning,

So far it sounds like a wiring error, that caused a fuse to blow.

If you can give me the brand and model number of the new thermostat, and a photo of the terminal strip inside the furnace or air handler where the thermostat wires end up... I can coach you on how to fix it. Use the paper clip icon at the right end of the tool bar above to attach the photo. Bend the wires out of the way so that I can read the terminal numbers.

The wires generally attach to the printed circuit card, that is located in the blower compartment.

I need to know if the unit that sits outside the house runs in both summer and the winter or not.

We can

Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

ooops... we can go from there.