Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor
Experience:  40+ yrs. experience as a licensed oil & gas technician.
94766

I have Paloma PTG-74PVN-2 water heater and it fires up then

Customer Question

I have Paloma PTG-74PVN-2 water heater and it fires up then shut off. Display error code is C7. I can't find this error code in the manual.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

A C code just indicates where in the cycle an error occurred. It's not the actual error. You should get another number following the C7. If you don't then try powering the unit down wait a minute then power it back up and tell me what happens.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The number after C7 is 76. I turned the unit off and turned it back on and it resets to 120. It will work for a few times and then cycles out again.
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

A 76 error indicates a problem with the remote control.

Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Check the electrical connections at both ends of the remote cable. Then bypass the cable and connect the remote directly to the unit. The next step would be to replace the remote