BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech
Experience:  Endorsed for unlimited heating, cooling, oil burners, boilers, refrigeration, hydronics
12672042

This is to the previous question about the LG Air Condition

Customer Question

Hi this is a follow up to the previous question about the LG Air Condition (made by ICP ) which blew the fuse. I told you it was a 15 amp fuse which we then assumed it was for high voltage stuff like compressor. When went back with another pair of eyes and magnifying glass the board said it was a 3.15amp fuse. Looking at the schematic it feeds a Transient /Surge absorber. My new question do you think just replacing the fuse will do, or has the board mean damaged by voltage spike .
Category: HVAC
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.

Can you tell if the fuse is good?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The fuse is blown black which to me shows quite an amount of current passed it. So was the fuse sacrafised for the transient spike or is there more to it
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.

Hopefully the fuse did its job and took the hit. We will need to replace fuse to find out...