Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Just bought a Sensi thermostat, the wiring in my old

Customer Question

Just bought a Sensi thermostat, the wiring in my old thermostat is as follows (There are only 4 wires) Wire/Terminal Red-RH (no jumper) Blue- G Yellow-Y White-W I installed the wires on the Sensi as follows Red-RH (no jumper) Blue- G Yellow-Y White-W/E But the a/c nor fan will come on no matter how low I put temp or even setting the fan to on position. The Sensi thermostat will click when I lower the temp and say cooling but nothing turns on. I know there is a rh/rc jumper connected in the back as a default.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.
Welcome
I need the model number of the sensi thermostat, and I need to know if it has a 'C' terminal on it.
Locate where where the thermostat wires connect to the printed circuit board inside the furnace or air handler, the printed circuit board is normally mounted on the blower assembly.
Use a multi meter to measure voltage from the R terminal to the bare threads on the gas line where it screws into the gas valve, tell me what read you get.
We can go from there.