Jason Whatley
Jason Whatley, HVAC Technician
Experience:  HVAC/R Supervisor at DOJ
83376504

In side my apartment it is 78 degrees. So I set it to 70

Customer Question

In side my apartment it is 78 degrees. So I set it to 70 degrees. And as far as I know it's supposed to stay on until it gets to 70 degrees. But it's turn on and off not able to get to 70 degrees.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Jason Whatley replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help you out! Your first co. Unit has a low temp cut out switch mounted on the cooling cool, so if the blower is not working the cooling will not continue to run and freeze the coil up. Once the coil temperature rises the unit will turn on again until the low temp switch shuts it off again... This is consistent with what would happen if the blower motor isn't running. Did you put the motor in yourself or did someone else?