HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.
21107370

I have a trane HVAC unit in my 6000 square foot home...3000

Customer Question

I have a trane HVAC unit in my 6000 square foot home...3000 square ft on the main walk in floor that has 10 ft high ceilings that consists of 8 rooms. this floor has a south easterly direction but has 12, 8 x 4 foot windows. The walk out basemt of floor has only one floor with the same amount of windows but the rest of the basement floor is beneath ground.
I have a trane hvac system that is useless as it always freezes up. What size of an HVAC system should I be using? We also have a seperate in floor heating unit.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

If the unit is freezing up the unit is either too low on freon or the air filter is too restrictive on the unit. You should try a new less restrictive air filter and if it still freezes up- you need the system checked as it is either low on gas or the sealed system has a restriction.

Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.
Hello,can you tell us what you currently have for a system?Is the 6,000 sq ft all being done with one unit?Or do you have 2 separate units for the 6,000 ft?
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.
If you need anything else let me know.