Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor
Experience:  40+ yrs. experience as a licensed oil & gas technician.
94766

Water is collecting inside the unit and dripping down my

Customer Question

water is collecting inside the unit and dripping down my INSIDE wall. Shouldn't it be draining outside?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Yes, it should drain outside. Is your unit tipped so it slopes into the house rather than to the outside? If it is sloped to the outside the drain hole may be clogged.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I unclog it? I have had the unit for 18 months with no problem. THis just started. Thank you
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

First, it would be a good idea to put a level on the case outside to be sure it's sloping away from the house. While you're out there take a wire coat hanger and poke it into any open holes on the bottom of the case. Don't insert the coat hanger more than an inch.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok. I'll be back shortly
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

ok

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
level seems ok, but I could not find any holes to penetrate.
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Level seem ok as in side of the unit at the house is the high side?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
additional suggestions?
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Then the water should drain out to the outside. If there are no holes on the bottom the condensate will drain out at the bottom corner of the case. Your unit will probably need to be removed from the case to see what the problem is if you don't see anything blocking the corners

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
going back to look again
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

ok

Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

I have to leave for a while. If you don't have any more questions I'd appreciate a favorable rating. If you do have more questions I'm going to open this backup to my colleagues so one of them can help.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I may have more questions since it is not resolved, but it can wait until later. Thank you
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Ok, I'm back. Your next step would be to remove the unit from the case.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am personally incapable of removing the unit. That would require the help of a technician in person. Accordingly, I consider this case unresolved, and will not pay the additional fee. I appreciate your help.
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

You're welcome. Thanks for using Just Answer.