Tim H.
Tim H., HVAC Professional
Experience:  Experienced in all aspects of HVAC, both residential and commercial.
27228809

On Goodman AVPTC48D14 Air Handler Downflow Application, is

Customer Question

On Goodman AVPTC48D14 Air Handler Downflow Application,
is it necessary to install a "Downflow Kit" that is not supplied with the Air Handler, to the drain pan? or is this new design with a condensation pump hooked up to it enough? Unsure if installer is correct in saying the DFK-D is optional? Using pump is all that is needed.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to help answer your question(s). Please provide all the information I ask for since I'm not onsite. At the end of our dialog you will be asked to rate my service, but please wait until then and all your question(s) have been answered satisfactorily. Thanks for your business!

According to the manual on this unit (page 4, 6.3) the DFK is required on downflow installations. See manual.

Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.

Let me know if you have additional questions on this. Otherwise, good luck! Thanks for using Just Answer and please don't forget to rate my service as that's how experts get paid. (Thanks in advance for any bonus left). Otherwise experts work at their own time and expense.