Tim H.
Tim H., HVAC Professional
Experience:  Experienced in all aspects of HVAC, both residential and commercial.
27228809

Phil I have a Dimplex oval bathroom wall heater IRD 1000 and

Customer Question

Phil
I have a Dimplex oval bathroom wall heater IRD 1000 and the pull cord switch has become faulty. I have not been able to locate a spare part. Have you any ideas whether this is available any where please
Dennis
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to assist you with your questions. Please provide all information I request as it makes it more difficult to troubleshoot something when I'm not there onsite. Essentially, you become my eyes and ears. Thanks for the opportunity to help. At the end of our dialog, you will have a chance to rate my service, but please wait until we are finished and you're satisfied you have all the information you need.

If this unit is more than, say, 7 years old, you may have trouble finding an OEM part. Can you possibly upload a picture of the switch and I can see what I can find?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have taken a photo of the switch wit my I Pad. How donI send it to you . What is your E a Mail address?
Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.

Save it to your PC and upload to the site here using the small icon that looks like a paperclip.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dear ***** H
I hope you receive this photo
Dennis
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dear ***** H
I have just received an E Mail saying that I had signed up for a free trial and continuing payments. I have not knowingly done this as I am 81 years of age and wanted an answer to one specific problem . Please cancel this erroneous entry.
Dennis
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have not received an answer yet from the new technician nor have I received a reply to my dispute about continuing use of Just Answer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have still not received a reply to my postings
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not require the switch now as I have resolved the problem. However I am disappointed that after Tim H referred me to a new HVAC Technician I did not receive any communication at all. You have charged me £21 for answering my question but in fact you never told me anything I didn't know already. I am asking for a refund of £18.