Tim H.
Tim H., HVAC Professional
Experience:  Experienced in all aspects of HVAC, both residential and commercial.
27228809

My thermostat turns on but the ac blower unit does not turn

Customer Question

My thermostat turns on but the ac blower unit does not turn on and blow air.
I tried the obvious: checked for tripped circuit breaker and even replaced the thermostat - but the unit does not turn on.
It is for our second floor and the ac blower unit is located in the attic with easy access.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to help answer your question(s). Please provide all the information I ask for since I'm not onsite. At the end of our dialog you will be asked to rate my service, but please wait until then and all your question(s) have been answered satisfactorily. Thanks for your business!

So neither the indoor blower OR outside unit come on?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Tim.No further assistance is needed. I found a wire short where it connects to the unit. Completed repair and AC is blowing fine.Thanks for checking in and appreciate your time.John
Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.

OK, John, thanks for the update. Good luck!

Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.

Yes, good luck! Thanks for using Just Answer and please don't forget to rate my service as that's how experts get paid (thanks in advance for any bonus left). Otherwise experts work at their own time and expense. Feel free to post back with any additional questions.