Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor
Experience:  40+ yrs. experience as a licensed oil & gas technician.
94766

I have a buderus RC35 heating unit that has lost pressure

Customer Question

Hi Pat, my name is ***** ***** I have a buderus RC35 heating unit that has lost pressure and I have no hot water. how can I get the pressure back up and get hot water?
thanks
Dennis
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Ok, the model you gave me is for a control unit not a boiler or water heater. I take it you have an indirect fired water heater? I need boiler and water heater model numbers. Also when you say you lost pressure, where is that? in the heating system/boiler or coming out of your hot water faucet?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
give me 10 minutes please
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Take as much time as you need. I'll be here for another hour at least before I take a break

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the boiler is a logamax plus GB152-16/24/24K.I don't have any information on the tank itself, but it came as a set when had it installed 5 years ago.in the control unit user manual, it says error code water pressure to low. my water pressure is at .4 when it should be 1.8.I hope this makes sense.Dennis
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Your pressure readings indicate to me that you're in Europe. I'm in the States. We do things differently here particularly when it comes to adding pressure to the system. I'm going to opt out and one of my European colleagues should pick up your question. If you don't get a response in a reasonable time I can try to assist you but I'll need pictures of your system. I am quite familiar with Buderus products but this is more of a system issue. Please don't respond to this answer(even to acknowledge this post)until you get a response from us. If you respond first it will only delay your answer. if you don't get a response in a reasonable time then get back to me via this thread.