BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech
Experience:  Endorsed for unlimited heating, cooling, oil burners, boilers, refrigeration, hydronics
12672042

I work at massage envy in Simpsonville, SC. Both of our

Customer Question

Hi, I work at massage envy in Simpsonville, SC. Both of our paragon steamers, LC101 are broken. the heating elements are not turning on. When you turn the dial the red light blinks on for a second and then back off. I removed the covers and looked for any broken wires. There is about 9 volts at both heating element black wires. I can't find a wiring diagram so I'm stuck.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.
is the Paragon the timer?
Is there another mfg name on the unit?
Paragon is a component of the system but we need the make/model of the unit or pictures of the unit
use reply please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi. Paragon is the brand of the machine. There is another manufacturer tag. Garfield facial steamer model101-c Serial# ***** ***** I'm an automotive tech and more familiar with DC voltage than AC so I'm a little lost on this. Just trying to help out my boss and get them working. The person that uses the machines says the red indicator light is supposed to stay on when it's working. As I said, it flashes on and then off when you turn on the timer. I could not find a manual or wiring diagram. It appears that the controls go into and back out of a sealed relay # ***** There is also what appears to be a small transformer in it. I will be back at work this weekend if you need more specific info about it I can look then. Thanks, Eric
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.
Ok,
is this your unit at the link below?
http://www.garfieldint.com/images/uploads/Paragon_Parts_List_-_101.pdf
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
that is it. There are 2 of them, both with the same symptoms