BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech
Experience:  Endorsed for unlimited heating, cooling, oil burners, boilers, refrigeration, hydronics
12672042

I got a Lennox Whisperheat M/N G20Q2E-75-4 S/N 5898H 13173

Customer Question

I got a Lennox Whisperheat M/N G20Q2E-75-4 S/N 5898H 13173 The furnace ignites but the fan does not kick in. Few years back a new Honey well S8660k auto ignition box was replaced. And since 2002 been using touch screen Rite temp thermostat which has been working for all these years. On the thermostat when moving the fan switch from auto to fan and cooling switch from heat to cooling the fan comes on manually. To blow any air I have to do it manually. When I take the panel of on the furnace there is a safety switch which open or closes the circuit depending if the panel is on or off. I notice when I activate this switch by hand and on the control blower circuit board looks like two relays that are mounted really arc but not all the time. The relays clicking sound is normal. What may cause the fan not to function. The furnace worked fine last spring.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.
the issue is the fan board...actually just the heat relay part but you cannot fix the circuit board.. You will need to replace the fan board
The part is
48K98A
See example:
http://www.americanhvacparts.com/p-14258-fan-control-center-circuit-board-lennox.aspx
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your answer I down loaded a G20 trouble shooting manual and I think they call the BCC is that correct and or fan board. Instead calling it Fan board the manual calls it BCC or Blower control circuit board for short. Just wonder if that is correct.
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.
it is...
just rate service and I will move from active list
Billy