airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.
16514686

I have a 4 year old 3M Filtrete thermostat and have no clue

Customer Question

I have a 4 year old 3M Filtrete thermostat and have no clue how to clear the set and
get my air-conditioning on again HELP
Category: HVAC
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.
hello,
what does it currently say on the thermostat?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
8;14 upper left corner cool upper right corner78 targer left lower corner 71 middle holiday below that and a long bolded exclamation point to the very leftthe face of this thermostat controller has 3 sets of buttons with various sun and moon settings and who knows what on the other two rows they icons are very very small
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.
Thank you,
I am going to forward this to a fellow tech. This may take a few minutes.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this may help....a photo of the face of thermostat.naturally the ambient temperature where I live will be about 98 degrees today.
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll do my best to help. Let's get started and see what we can do.OK to start with if the middle reading is 71 and target is 78, unit is not going to come on as we are already showing room temp is below the target. Try pressing the down arrow on lower right to set target temp to about 67 and see if ac will come on.