Tim H.
Tim H., HVAC Professional
Experience:  Experienced in all aspects of HVAC, both residential and commercial.
27228809

AC problems. Thermostat works. Furnace fan works. When I am

Customer Question

AC problems. Thermostat works. Furnace fan works. When I am by the condenser, I hear the electrical buzz. And once heard the condenser click, as if trying to start the fan(?), but didn't.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to help answer your question(s). Please provide all the information I ask for since I'm not onsite. At the end of our dialog you will be asked to rate my service, but please wait until then and all your question(s) have been answered satisfactorily. Thanks for your business!

Have you checked breakers for outside unit? Fuses in the outside disconnect (if applicable)?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Good morning,Solved the problem on my own.Yes - I had already checked the breaker and fuse.I solved the issue by replacing the run capacitor about an hour after I signed up for "justanswer" service.
Thanks anyway!Please consider refunding some of the money, since we didn't really carry this conversation past the initial introduction.Thanks,
Best Wishes,
John Shay
Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.

OK, yes, this is a common problem with condensing units. Had many of these this summer.

Yes, good luck! Thank you for using Just Answer and please don't forget to rate my service as that's how experts get paid (Thanks in advance for any bonus left). Otherwise experts work at their own time and expense. Feel free to post back with any additional questions.