Jason Whatley
Jason Whatley, HVAC Technician
Experience:  HVAC/R Supervisor at DOJ
83376504

I NEED THE CONDENSER COIL REPLACED PAYNE PA12NA? IS THE PART

Customer Question

IM TOLD I NEED THE CONDENSER COIL REPLACED FOR A PAYNE PA12NA? IS THE PART AVAILABLE ? IF SSO HOW MUCH ? OR IS THERE A COMPATABLE PART ?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Jason Whatley replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help you out with your questions! Yes, the condensing coil is available. How old is your unit? Prices will vary (of course), but wholesale price is around $250-$300 if I remember right. (I replaced one last month that a dog destroyed). Were you told why the coil needed to be replaced?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I AM TOLD IT HAS A LEAK. AND I NEED ABOUT 14 LBS OF REFRIGERANT. THE A/C IS ABOUT 15 YEARS OLD. I WAS TOLD THE COIL FOR THE MODEL IS NOT AVAILABLE, AND I WOULD HAVE TO PAY FOR PARTS TO MODIFY IN ORDER TO INSTALL. IN ADDITION THEY ARE CHARGING $55 LB FOR REFRIGERANT (I'M IN L.A. CA)

Ca may have restrictions due to the use of R22 in your system. R22 refrigerant is still manufactured at this time, but wholesale is around $10/lb. General mark up would be around $20-$25/ lb respectively. From the serial number you provided, it appears the unit was made in 2005. Payne currently warranties the new r-410a equipment for 10 years. You may be covered here (if your warranty was for ten years) it may not be a bad idea to give Payne a call and check on that.

Also, if the leak is in the header or u bends, It can usually be field repaired unless the leak is in the finned portion of the coil.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
THANKS. ***** REFRIGERANT EPA NOW REQUIRES, AND HOW MUCH PER POUN IS IT?

The "new" refrigerant is R-410a. Whole sale is around $5/lb, BUT this refrigerant cannot be used in a R22 system

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
THANKS FOR THE ADVICE. IF I NEED TO CONTACT YOU AGAIN HOW DO I GET TO YOU DIRECTLY.

No problem at all! You can reach me by requesting my user name and I will get an e-mail notification letting me know you need more help at any time.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HAVE A GOOD DAY.

You too! Thank you for letting me assist you!