Brian HVAC Guy
Brian HVAC Guy, HVAC Technician
Experience:  I have been an HVAC/R mechanic/technician for 30+ years.
67988511

I have at rheem 2 tons the circuit bord has R C G W1 W2 but

Customer Question

Hi I have at rheem 2 tons the circuit bord has R C G W1 W2 but where is the yellow 24 volts normally is R C W Y G
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Brian HVAC Guy replied 1 year ago.

Hi I'm Brian and I'm here to help!

The early Rheem control boards did not have a landing for the Y connection directly on the control board. I suspect yours is one of them. In this case, the wire connected at Y at the the thermostat will connect at the air handler directly to one of the two wires going to the outdoor unit with a wire nut (or one of the many wires going to the outdoor unit on a heat pump). The other wire on a straight cooling system going to the outdoor unit would connect to C on the control board.

That would be the answer to your question, but I suspect you are having a related issue here. Is there something with the low voltage wiring I can help you with?

Thanks,

Brian