Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

We have a Rinnai Model RC90 Space heater. I can get the

Customer Question

We have a Rinnai Model RC90 Space heater. I can get the pilot light going and it will heat the capillary tube bulb to red hot but the gas to the main flame will not flow. Where do I look for a remedy to this problem?
Regards ***** *****
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Jason Whatley replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help you out with your problem. If your pilot is lighting but the gas valve is not opening, we need to check to ensure there are no tripped safety switches. If all saftey switches are okay, first would be to replace the thermocouple. We can verify the thermocouple is producing Millivolts first with a Millivolt meter if you have one available - if not, thermocouples are inexpensive. Follow the installation instructions for the thermocouple as to not tighten the nut at the gas valve too tight.

I'm having trouble locating documentation on your heater - is there a specific model number or just RC90. Also, if you could provide pictures that will be a great help as well.