Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have a American Standard Freedom 90 ...two stage unit

Customer Question

I have a American Standard Freedom 90 ...two stage unit ...inside blower won't come on ...even when i turn on at thermostat ... voltages ok at thermostat... blower runs ok if I wire Blk High to 120vac... in fact if I leave it running house will cool ok ....
Problem is it won't start on it's own
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to assist you with your questions. Please provide all information I request as it makes it more difficult to troubleshoot something when I'm not there onsite. Essentially, you become my eyes and ears. Thanks for the opportunity to help. At the end of our dialog, you will have a chance to rate my service, but please wait until we are finished and you're satisfied you have all the information you need.

I'm sorry to hear about your issues with your furnace. If blower runs OK with voltage applied, then it would have to be a bad board.