HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.
21107370

I have a Carrier 3 ton air handler in my house. The filter

Customer Question

Hi Matthew, I have a Carrier 3 ton air handler in my house. The filter located at the bottom keeps dripping watter on the floor, and the filter keeps getting soaked and sucking up and bending towards the airhandler.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

You either have a rotted drain pan or the drain is clogged up from the pan to the drain. Remove the drain tube from the plenum and check the tube and the drain port to see if it is clogged. If not the pan may be rotted through more likely it would be a clog though.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you please tell where the drain tube would be located? What it looks like?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
lastly, I may have located it. Would it be a PVC line running to the drain? I removed the cap on the top, but it's all sealed. How would I go about unclogging the line?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can you tell me how to access the drain pan/where the pan is? If it's clogged I believe its above the access point to the drain. I dumped bleach and lots of water and it goes right thru.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sir, I think last question...I see glued pvc pipe as the drain that comes from the plentium. It's located at the bottom of the unit. Is that where the drain pan is, and to access it do I have to cut the glued pvc and run something up there?
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

You can run a snake up the glued PVC pipe but it should be just a flexible line running to the furnace plenum.