Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Code says exceeded number of ignition attempts. system is

Customer Question

code says exceeded number of ignition attempts. system is locked out. RUUD model PVP50FW
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Does the gas valve have 2 arrows to set the water temp? if so which LED's are lit besides vacation?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it does. One says cold and the other hot.I pressed them together and then adjusted the temp to max hot and then max cold 6 times. the code shows up as the vacation temp light lit and the two lights to the right of the normal temp lit. The sticker on the water heater tells me the problems is too many ignition attempts and the system is locked out
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry I was offline when you requested the phone call. Try this; unplug the unit wait a minute then plug it back in. Let me know what happens; does the fan start up? do you see a glow from the burner compartment? does the burner ignite?

Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

I'm online most of the day today until ~ 7 pm EDT if you still want a call let me know