airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.
16514686

I set the temperature at 76 degrees in summer and wake up

Customer Question

i set the temperature at 76 degrees in summer and wake up the house is at 70 degrees AC is blasting with a honeywell ultrastat whats wrong i do not want to go below 76 degrees
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll do my best to help. Let's get started and see what we can do.It sounds like your thermostat is not sensing the temperature in the room and therefore not cycling unit off.To verify, go to thermostat and remove the wire going to Y and see if outdoor unit shuts down. If it does, you will need to replace the thermostat.If not, we can go from here in troubleshooting .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what brand model would you recommend for a simple thermostat
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.
I personally buy Honeywell. If you are not wanting programmable, the Honeywell 5000 series. is a good choice.Just make sure you get one that is compatible with your system type (Gas, Elect or Heat Pump).If you do not know, give me model on indoor and outdoor units and I will verify.
http://yourhome.honeywell.com/home/products/thermostats/digital-non-programmable/focuspro+5000.htm