BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech
Experience:  Endorsed for unlimited heating, cooling, oil burners, boilers, refrigeration, hydronics
12672042

INFINITY W/GREENSPEED-25VNA060: WHEN IT CALLS, HP IMEDIATELY

Customer Question

INFINITY W/GREENSPEED-25VNA060: WHEN IT CALLS FOR COOLING, HP IMEDIATELY GOES TO HIGH SPEED, STAYS THERE ABOUT 5 SECONDS, THEN RAMPS DOWN TO 43%, WHERE IT STAYS UNTIL GOING OFF. IT DOES THIS EVERY TIME. I CANNOT BELIEVE THIS IS NORMAL OPERATION !
P.S.: WHILE IT IS IN HIGH SPEED (APROX. 15 SECONDS) THE AIR HANDLER DOES NOT RESPOND WITH HIGH SPEED.
Category: HVAC
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
THIS SYSTEM IS LESS THAN 6 MONTHS OLD.
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.
To get started, can you tell me if there is ever a diagnostic code present or recovered from your contractor?
Use reply please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
THERE HAVE BEEN NO ERROR CODES TO DATE. I DON'T BELIEVE MY ISSUE IS AN ACTUAL FAULT - MORE OF A QUIRK. INFINITY CONTROL MATCHES HP RESPONSE TO COOLING LOAD SENSED. CHANGING THE SET POINT REPRESENTS AN INSTANT MAX. LOAD CAUSING THE HP TO RAMP UP TO 100% (ABOUT 15 SECONDS) UNTIL TEMP. IS SATISFIED, THEN RAMP DOWN - ALL NORMAL. AT NIGHT THE COOLING LOAD IS MINIMAL(RELATIVELY), AND THE HP IS CYCLING TO MAINTAIN SET POINT. NORMAL RESPONSE (I THINK) WOULD RAMP TO 43% AN HOLD TILL SET PT IS MET, THEN RAMP OFF. INSTEAD, HP SHOOTS UP TO 100% -THEN RAMPS TO 43%. WHY DO I CARE? BECAUSE IT WAKES ME UP WHEN RAMPING DOWN TO 43%. RAMPING DOWN IT SOUNDS LIKE A DIVE BOMBER - IT CAUSES SOME SORT OF HARMONIC NOISE. IT MAKES LESS NOISE SHOOTING UP TO HIGH SPEED THAN WHEN AT 43% (?). I RETIRE @ 12 A.M. - THIS THING CYCLES EVERY 1/2 HOUR OR SO UNTIL 5 A.M. WHEN IT RESTS LONGER INTERVALS. OTHERWISE, SYSTEM WORKS SATISFACTORILY W/NO OTHER ISSUES.