airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.
16514686

I am hooking up a Samsung Minisplit unit and do not have

Customer Question

I am hooking up a Samsung Minisplit unit and do not have installation manual. Need to connect 220vac to outdoor unit but print on unit seems to connect 120 though the data tag says 220
Category: HVAC
Expert:  AssuredElectrical replied 1 year ago.

Welcome. My name is ***** ***** would be glad to assist.

This is a new installation with a new unit?

Can you verify the Model number, as I am unable to find that model in the Samsung database.

The issue is the outdoor condensing units nameplate states it is a 120 volts?

Let me know and we can continue,

thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is not a new unit. I had installed it several years ago but removed it and now reinstalling at another location. Don't have the installation manual. nameplate says 220 volts. It is a Samsung Quietside minisplit unit model #QSOHD18A

Ok,

Thanks

Let me try some old data banks to see if the unit manual is available.

The outdoor condensing units are most always 220 volts, are you stating that you think it is supposed to be 120 for some reason?

The indoor units are 120 volts and get their power from the outdoor unit normally.

Will put it back on the open board for al experts since you need immediate assistance.

Do not know how long or if someone is available.

No need to respond, wait for the next expert.

Thanks

Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll do my best to help. Let's get started and see what we can do.Check out the links below and let me know if this helps:
http://i.imgur.com/M2cmtGZ.png
http://www.quietside.com/archives/downloads/quietside/QSHD-18A/Dual%20Zone%20Installation%20Guide.pdf
Thanks for letting me work with you.When we are finished, if my answer has been polite, professional,and thorough, please click one of the ratings . If you still need help let me know!.Expert is not paid for assisting you until you rate answer.Feel free to follow up for 30 days at no additional cost. Bonus always appreciated if you feel justified.