Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Phil--I have a wall mounted fujitsu halcyon unit blowing air

Customer Question

Good morning Phil--I have a wall mounted fujitsu halcyon unit blowing air out on one side only--any ideas why it is doing this??
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.
Welcome
So far it sounds like the cooling coil is iced up on one side, remove the air filter and look through the louvered front of the unit and see if you can see any ice.
We can go from there.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for the delayed response--I am at work( I own an automotive shop and the unit is in the waiting room--can't see any ice build up but now the air is coming out of the center as well as the left side---a little air is blowing out of the right side now--
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.
Hello again, the coil was iced, and now it is defrosting.
This is caused most commonly by running the unit with a dirty air filter, until the cooling coil itself begins to clog with dirt. 90% chance of that.
Running the AC at night with the temperature set below 72F can also cause the problem.
If none of these are the case there is a 10% chance that one of micro computers on board is going bad or one of the thermistor sensors attached to it is going bad,
---------
We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today, the company only pays me if you rate my work. It is how I earn a living, and does not increase your charges.
If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional cost.