Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I'm doing a design and energy study system food processing

Customer Question

I'm doing a design and energy study for a system for a food processing plant and I'm looking for rough cost per foot for the ductwork for my report. I have some pretty good sized duct 60" and everything run indoors is stainless steel. Do you have a rough estimate for cost per foot for both sheet metal and stainless duct?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

Those costs are figured per pound of sheet metal as a rule, then difficulty and finish factors added such as with stainless steel in a food plant needing to have welded and polished seams, (a #2 finish) and clean out access.

A detailed mechanical drawing is required to even get a fairly close estimate... that generally takes a number of hours or day or more depending on the size of the job. It is not possible to do for the 'just an answer' amount you offered.

If you wish to rate my work so far positively, I can however coach you on how to get good and reliable costs for the job.

Let me know if that interests you, we can go from there.