Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

My goodman heat pump air handler will not drain condensation

Customer Question

My goodman heat pump air handler will not drain condensation into main drain it's coming out of the secondary drain right over my deck....the primary drain is clean as a whistle...I can pour water in the line and it exist the line fine...could something be stopped inside the handler....wTer is dripping under handler in to my emergency pan too....unit is 3 yrs old. It cools fine....this is driving me nutz
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

Hello.

If you can send me a few clear photo's of the condensate drain lines as the exit the drain pan, that also show me about 5 feet around in all directions (photos taken from 8 feet away will work).

I can evaluate the situation for you.

So far it sounds like the primary drain outlet is clogged inside the drain pan as you suspect... you will have to remove the 20 x 20" panel on the coil cabinet to access the drain pan and inspect that.

--------------

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today, the company only pays me if you rate my work. It is how I earn a living, and does not increase your charges.

If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional cost.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have removed that panel the coils look clean and I really didn't see anything out if the ordinary
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How can I recognize where it might be stopped up when I take off the door
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Might take me a few minutes to get the photos
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can't get photo of secondary line it's located in back of the handler
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are we still connected
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I sent photos to you
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.
Hello again, we will be connected for as long as it takes, or until I get your system resolved.
There are delays as I am eating lunch etc. then later sleeping, and then digging up technical materials to mark up for coaching yourself and a long list of other customers that pop in from time to time, sometimes 6 or 8 at a time.
http://screencast.com/t/nme4IW2Bpto
copy/ paste that into your browser please.
-------------